The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for supporting the training function of all new hired suite attendants and provides on-going re-training of established suite attendants. He/she is also responsible for the general support of the Suite Attendants by collecting linens, garbage, performing routine general cleaning projects, delivering items to guest rooms and assisting guests with their baggage. He/she will also provide inspection of guest suites to LodgeWorks/Brand quality and standards and assume the role of Executive Housekeeper when that person(s) is absent. He/she may also drive the hotel van if clean motor vehicle record check permits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Comply at all times with LodgeWorks compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Exhibit a helpful and willing attitude to serve guest requests.
- Communicate with other hotel staff to accommodate special guest requests.
- Develop and promote a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
- Conduct department meetings with housekeeping staff according to company standards.
- Prepare employee schedules in accordance with budgets and business forecasts.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate supplies are on hand to provide top quality guest services.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering Department according to procedures, and follow up on orders to ensure completion.
- Must be able to train and follow all LodgeWorks safety practices such as wearing personal protective equipment, reading chemical warning labels, use of cleaning agents and other safe work practices.
- Must be capable of self supervision and have the ability to manage time accordingly in order to complete the required work.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing up to 100 pounds.
- Must practice safe use of all cleaning agents.
- Must be capable of fulfilling all the functions and responsibilities as the Suite Attendant.
- Collect trash and soiled linens from suites and grounds.
- Restock the Suite Attendants’ cleaning carts.
- Operate floor butter, vacuum, and maintain all public areas.
- Carry guest baggage as requested.
- Deliver items to guest suites (i.e. rollaway beds, cribs, irons, etc.)
- Meet floor and public areas cleanliness standards.
- Complete daily checklist of cleaning common areas such as lobby, ash urns, tables, furniture, door frames, stair wells, etc.
- Control the “Lost and Found” locker to ensure items are logged and inquiries are handled appropriately to accommodate guests.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Department the moving furniture, i.e. couch and chairs, for deep cleaning activities.
- Balance and clear the suite status nightly, comparing the housekeeping reports with the available suite status and resolve all discrepancies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place