Take part in Reach Dane’s mission to provide a child's foundation to learn and a family's opportunity to succeed! Come join our compassionate, trauma informed workplace that’s inclusive for all backgrounds, cultures, genders, identities, etc. reachdane.org/about/join-our-team.cfm
Benefits available starting at 20 hours/week:
- Health, dental, vision
- Vacation and sick time
- 403(b) match after 2 years
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability
- Paid continuing education
- No weekends or holiday work
- Flexible spending accounts
- Inclusive, values-driven organizational culture
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
- Status: Full-Year and Part-Year* positions available
- Location: Multiple locations
- Pay: $15.00 to $17.50 per hour, depending on education and years of experience.
The Preschool Teacher Aide/Preschool Classroom Aide:
- Assists and partners with the Teacher and Aides to develop and implement a program of activities that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of each child enrolled in a group
- Carries out duties and responsibilities under the direction of the Classroom Teacher and according to Head Start Performance Standards, Wisconsin Child Care Licensing, City of Madison Accreditation, and Wisconsin YoungStar standards.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Classroom Aide must have a high school diploma or GED
- Teacher Aide requires a related/unrelated Associates (AA) or Bachelors (BS) degree
- Experience working with children ages 3-5 preferably in a licensed child care setting
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others and be able to relate well to children, families, staff and community
- Demonstrate effective listening, oral and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR certification within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of basic first aid
- Have a valid driver’s license (for Subs and Floats only)
- Must be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the program
- Experience working with low-income, multicultural families preferred
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, or an Related Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a course of study that includes practicum and assessments that provide unique enrichment opportunities to the program such as music, art, or intervention therapy (at minimum of 18 credits in Early Childhood Education)
- Documentation of completion of Preschool Credential, Child Development Associate Credential or:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s in any field along with documentation of completion of the Intro to Child Care Profession (or equivalent credit bearing course in Child Development/Early Childhood Education)
- Documentation of completion of the Intro to Child Care Profession (or equivalent credit bearing course in Child Development/Early Childhood Education) that is required by Wisconsin Day Care License Requirement or must receive within 6 months of employment
- Documentation of completion of the Intro to Child Care Profession (or equivalent credit bearing course in Child Development/Early Childhood Education) that is required by Wisconsin Day Care License Requirement
- Documentation of enrollment and completion of at minimum one course towards the Preschool Credential OR CDA (Child Development Associate).
ABOUT REACH DANE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our values that we live through our actions are:
- Environment | Create a safe and welcoming environment every day with everyone.
- Relationships | We believe in the power of authentic and positive relationships.
- Trust | Trust is the foundation that holds all relationships.
- Communication | We value ongoing transparent communication that supports the connection.
- Equity and Social Justice | Our charge is to lead with compassion for social justice. We strive to stand in the gap to support all those who are affected by inequity.
Starting January 1, 2022, proof of COVID vaccination or an approved waiver is required to be considered for employment with Reach Dane.
Please reach out to HRDept@reachdane.org for more information about this and other job openings!