Take part in Reach Dane’s mission to provide a child's foundation to learn and a family's opportunity to succeed! Come join our compassionate, trauma informed workplace that’s inclusive for all backgrounds, cultures, genders, identities, etc. reachdane.org/about/join-our-team.cfm
Benefits available starting at 20 hours/week:
- Health, dental, vision
- Vacation and sick time
- 403(b) match after 2 years
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid continuing education
- No weekends or holiday work
- Flexible spending accounts
- Inclusive, values-driven organizational culture
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Status: Part Year*
- Pay: $21.21 to $23.07 per hour, depending on education and years of experience.
The 3K Head Start Teacher:
- Plans, designs, and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for enrolled children
- Serves as the primary childcare provider for children 3-4 years old enrolled in Reach Dane Head Start Sites
- Provides supervision, performance feedback, and scheduling for reporting staff
- Follows families’ cultural values and practices in caring for their children, and exhibit respect for parents to reinforce their vital role as the primary educator of their children
- Uses Trauma Informed Care practices and Reach Dane Core Values to act as a positive liaison between community agencies, providing services to children and guidance to families
- Minimum educational requirement of an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field that includes 18 credits in Early Childhood Education / Development. Coursework specific to Infant and Toddler Development is required.
- Partner with teaching teams, accepting guidance to provide daily classroom activities utilizing Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Plan and implement appropriate activities for children ages 3-4 years old that foster their cognitive emotional and physical growth
- Ability to apply Early Childhood Development theory in daily classroom activities, and adapt to the individuals needs of children
- Provide a safe, healthy and compliant environment for supervision, development and learning
- Establish and implement daily lesson plan; prepare and implement age-appropriate developmental experiences and school readiness learning activities; supervise children in the classroom
- Implements agency approved curriculum that includes knowledge and skills in the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework’s five essential domains: language and literacy development, cognition and general knowledge, approaches to learning, physical well-being and motor development, and social emotional development; Complying with all licensing
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Bilingual, particularly Spanish and/or Hmong is desirable
- Working with young children and diverse populations is required
ABOUT REACH DANE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our values that we live through our actions are:
- Environment | Create a safe and welcoming environment every day with everyone.
- Relationships | We believe in the power of authentic and positive relationships.
- Trust | Trust is the foundation that holds all relationships.
- Communication | We value ongoing transparent communication that supports the connection.
- Equity and Social Justice | Our charge is to lead with compassion for social justice. We strive to stand in the gap to support all those who are affected by inequity.
Starting January 1, 2022, proof of COVID vaccination or an approved waiver is required to be considered for employment with Reach Dane.
Please reach out to HRDept@reachdane.org for more information about this and other job openings!