Iconica is looking for a Preconstruction Manager to join our team! We approach things differently and are out to change the perceptions of our industry. We are a full-service team; architecture, engineering and construction professionals working together as one business. Our collaborative process is a differentiator in the marketplace.
We are seeking an experienced preconstruction professional who is ready to provide leadership on estimates and collaborate with our Architectural, Engineering and Construction teams while producing solid conceptual estimates. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic, and design development budgets as well as hard bids
- Interacting with design teams to optimize design for constructability, cost, and schedule
- Performing take-offs for specific divisions/scopes of work assembling all quantities, labor requirements, etc.
- Presenting prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Maintaining master subcontractor/vendor lists, reviewing prequalification requirements, and determining the best qualified subcontractors
- Preparing final assembly of estimate for presentation to owner
- Identifying project-specific risk issues and the potential impact as well as potential strategies to mitigate risk
- Coordinating with directors, project superintendents and managers to ensure estimates accurately reflect the project team’s execution plan
- Leading the internal estimate review meeting
- Assisting construction project managers in buyout and subcontractor selection process via participation in pre-award meetings, negotiating contracts, change orders, etc.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with owners, subcontractors, vendors, internal clients, and other key stakeholders
- Representing the preconstruction team on jobsites, in the community and at industry events
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum five years of experience in conceptual and hard bid estimating including experience with purchasing
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong time management, organizational and priority setting skills
- Ability to review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Strong MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Project) knowledge
- Proficiency in On-Screen Takeoff and iSqFt estimating software (preferred)
- Proficiency in Procore (preferred)
- Effective working individually and within team environments
- Experience estimating mechanical, electrical or plumbing trade work (a plus)
- Some travel may be required
Iconica offers a challenging and fun work environment, professional growth opportunities, and a healthy work life balance. Come join our growing team!
To be considered, apply online at www.iconicacreates.com.
Iconica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.